Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 13 of lockdown

Hello everyone,

Today i  painted a turtle and i remembered the time that we went to Redang Island.

In July 2019 went for a family holiday in Redang Island. We took a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Kuala Terengganu and then a ferry to the resort. We stayed at The Taaras  https://www.thetaaras.com/


We did many things but my favourite was swimming wit the turtles. The boatman picked us up from the resort and brought us to the middle of the sea. We jumped in and swam with the turtles. The turtles like to eat squid so I was safe to swim with them because they don't eat people. They are huge but gentle.

At the turtle lab, we helped release baby turtles into the sea. I hope my baby turtle doesn't get eaten by a bird and grows up. https://www.thetaaras.com/experience/seatru-turtle-lab

I was scared to go snorkeling because I felt that my feet will touch the bottom which is full of corals so I stayed in the boat. The boatman showed me how to drive the boat.










1 comment:

  1. Wow John, you've done so many interesting things! I'd love to swim with turtles! How big were they compared to you? Baby turtles face so many obstacles don't they? I've seen some documentaries on them but not seen them in real life. I have seen some other great wildlife in Thailand and Mauritius though, but nothing like that.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post