Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Blog

Hello everyone , 

If I had a dog , it would be a husky. This Siberian breed was developed by the Chukhi people to North Eastern Asia. Huskies are used in Antarctica for 100 years. The last dog came off ice in 1994 because now we use machines instead of dogs. 

The thick pads on their paws and double coat means they can survive temperature as low as -56 degrees Celsius.

I competed the Husky Rescue NZ Husky Mushers Program at the International Antarctic Centre today.

I got to brush a husky's fur and mush. We were also thought safe patting. Never touch a husky's face or chest because it might bite you. Patting the belly tells the husky that the dog is the boss. The safest spot is the back.

 After spending the day with the huskies and understanding what i need to do to own a husky, think it would be difficult to have one as a pet in my small house and garden . Huskies are working dogs. They need lots of exercise daily which i cannot  provide. I have to walk it at least 5 km a day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post