Pages

Monday, July 13, 2020

Rope making

Hi everyone , 

Today, I learnt to make rope using cabbage tree leaves. 
Step 1 - First we soak the leaves overnight to soften it. 
Step 2 - Then we separate the leaves vertically at the spine. 
Step 3 - We make a knot with the 2 halved leaves.
Step 4 - Twist the outer leaf 3 times away from us.  
Step 5 - Bring towards us and repeat with the other leaf until you get to almost the end. 
Step 6 - We can either make a knot or add more leaves to make it longer. 

I really enjoyed making the rope. If i am stuck in the jungle, a rope will come in handy. 

I hope you like my blog and have learnt to make ropes! 


Twisting the leaves My rope

Adding a new leaf to make my rope longer

 The rope making class at  https://www.rekindle.org.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post