Pages

Friday, June 25, 2021

Women warriors

Warriors to drop women’s team in 2021

For this Reading workshop we had to write about an article that we read. The New Zealand Warriors will not have a women’s team this year. Last week the club announced that they will not be participating in the 2021 women’s NRL competition. The club said it was a financial decision due to the effects of Covid-19. Warriors chief executive Cameron George said the club is committed to rejoining the competition in 2022. A number of top Kiwi players have already headed to Australia to play in state leagues. Warriors captain Georgia Hale moved to Australia this year and has been playing in the NSW Premiership for the North Sydney Bears.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post