Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2021

Winter Learning Journey Blog #1 - Sadako Activity 1

Hello,

Today I started my Winter Learning Journey WLJ with the video on Sadako from Japan. 

She had leukemia which is cancer of the blood from the radioactivity caused by the nuclear bomb. She was sick and stayed at the hospital. During her stay she folded paper cranes because she believed that if she folded 1000 paper cranes, her wish to get well will come true. When she passed away, she had folded 1300 cranes. 

In the video, she was carried to heaven by a paper crane and when she looked through the clouds, she saw her mother unhappy. This made Sadako very sad and she sent the paper to earth for her mother.

The paper crane represents peace in our hearts. Maybe with folding paper cranes, her mother will feel peace and not sadness. 

Today I made origami cranes for WLJ. It was very fun but I had to watch the video many times. This is what i made.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post